Ministry vs Industry is the brain child of St Harmony International LTD geared towards encouraging, motivating and supporting the Youth particularly in Assemblies Of God, especially in discovering and maximizing their various musical gifts, abilities and talents channeling it wisely to areas where it will bless and edify the church.
To see a new generation of spirit filled Assemblies of God music ministers and choristers who will minister excellently, matching international standards and still thriving profitably in the global music industry.
1. Music seminar/workshop and capacity building with resource persons.
2. Inter-Choir competition involving Sectional choirs (or at least a sectional representation) from various districts in Assemblies of God Lagos State. They are required to write and compose a song using the “Assemblies of God” General council “THEME” for the year.
3. Choirs send in their entry and are selected based on stated guidelines or procedures eg uploading a 1min Instagram video.
4. Prices and awards are given to the winners of the competition to encourage them.
5. The winning compostion is produced into a proper musical with video at the “BEST OF ST HARMONY” (BOSH) Live recording platform which is an annual live recording project already in its 4th edition.
6. Alliances with media companies will ensure proper publicity before and after the competetion.
Main Objective and benefits to ASSEMBLIES OF GOD CHURCH
⦁ Will raise and empower music ministers for relevance both in ministry and industry within their local churches, sections and districts.
⦁ Will establish a legacy professionalism and excellence in music ministry, setting the pace in Assemblies of God and the entire body of Christ.
⦁ Will re-establish confidence and love for our denomination through the prices and awards offered, encouraging the youth and reducing the rate of exodus to other churches.
⦁ Will enlighten music ministers in Assemblies of God on the discovery and development of their talents for professional delivery and industrial relevance.
1ST EDITION SUMMARY
The first edition was held in Apapa District on Friday, March 16th (a vigil). On Saturday 24th march we officially presented the cheques with total sum of #250,000 to the winning team and all the participants of the recent Ministry vs industry (MVI) 2018 choir competition and capacity building event. They are:
4th place.. itire 1 (Lagos mainland district) #50,000
3rd place….Ejigbo (Lagos district) #50,000
2nd place….Rhema praise choir (Lekki district) #50,000 and
The winners….. Amuwo sectional choir (Apapa District) #100,000.
It was awesome seeing the smiles on their faces.
Special thanks to the Tehila team and friends of the vision for making the prices possible.
OUTLOOK FOR 2ND EDITION
We hope to increase our effort in 2019. Our target is to double the winning prices. and make the capacity building seminar more intensive and interactive.
We also hope to have more particpation from sections in all our Districts in the state and even beyond.
We are considering 111 Clegg street as venue for the 2019 edition.
its central location,
pride of place in the history of Assemblies and
popularity with excellent musical activities.
Two (2) songs; one original( coposed with AG theme of the year) and one other song. More details on the modus operandi for 2019 are still being concluded.
Judges will be announced as we proceed.